The World of Work
Students have careers, education and life pathway guidance which is person-centred, impartial and confidential. It is integrated into the students’ experience of the whole curriculum and is based on a partnership with students and their parents or carers. The programme promotes equality of opportunity and inclusion. Every student has opportunities to help them prepare to make well informed choices. We follow and use the Gatsby Benchmark and are guided by the CEIAG (Careers, Education, Information, Advice and Guidance) strategy.
The eight Gatsby benchmarks of Good Career Guidance
1. A stable careers programme
2. Learning from career and labour market information
3. Addressing the needs of each pupil
4. Linking curriculum learning to careers
5. Encounters with employers and employees
6. Experiences of workplaces
7. Encounters with further and higher education
8. Personal guidance
If you would like any further information on the CEIAG policy please contact the office.
Careers advice can be found on the Guernsey Careers Website
Guernsey Employment Trust supports disables and disadvantaged people to prepare for, find and maintain work in Guernsey